Taking the Weight Off the Shoulders (1-day; 9-6pm)
The Essential Role of the Shoulder Girdle Complex and Thorax in Proper Shoulder Girdle Alignment in Optimal Movement
The focus of this workshop is to de-mystify the biomechanics of the shoulder girdle and its dependency on the stability of the Thorax. A stable and controlled Thorax unifies the connections of the lower Core with the shoulder girdle into the body as a whole, this will be addressed through the TLF. Achieving balance through strength and proper alignment is fundamental to the overall health of the shoulder girdle and the body in movement.
- Introduce the knowledge of sound biomechanics and new cueing vocabulary into the Pilates repertoire
- Architecture, evolution and joint structure of the shoulder girdle.
- Renewed comprehension and skill of shoulder girdle movement.
- A closer look at the scapular and glenohumeral movement and the relevance of the Pilates repertoire.
- Learn to relate the shoulder girdle back to Pelvic and Leg Movements with a close look at the function of the TLF (thoraco-lumbar fascia).
Continuing Education Credit:
CECs for the course are available from Pilates Method Alliance
- The Pelvic Girdle, Diane Lee – ISBN-10: 0443073732
- The Physiology of the Joints, I.A. Kapandji – ISBN-10: 0443025045
- Relax Your Neck, Liberate Your Shoulders, Eric Franklin – ISBN-10: 0871272482
- The Thorax: An Integrated Approach, Diane Lee – ISBN-10: 0973236302
- Anatomy of Breathing, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616556
- Anatomy of Movement, Blandine Calais-Germain – ISBN-10: 0939616572
Agenda Day 1:
- Check In
- Introduction -The Role of the ThoraxKinetic Spirals and Force Couples: Making Movement Easy
- Thoracic Mobility and the Effect on the Shoulder Girdle
- Insight to Postural Habits and Holding Patterns
- The Janda Principles
- Directional Verbal and Tactile Cueing for Stability in Movement
- Cadillac (Trapeze Table)
- Wunda Chair
- Q & A
If you are interested in booking this workshop for your studio, please contact [email protected].