The Power of Touch (1 Day; 9a-4p or equivalent)
Diagonal Tactile Concepts and Cueing Techniques
Spirals are the building blocks of nature and of all human movement. This workshop introduces and clarifies the dynamic tactile cues that are the underpinnings to optimal postural alignment and fluidity during the movement.
- Elevate your teaching to a higher level of proficiency
- Learn a supportive two-point touch technique that effectively communicates movement and movement re-patterning leading to fluidity and efficiency in movement.
- Anatomy Trains 2nd Edition, Thomas Meyers – ISBN-10: 044310283X
- Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance, James Oschman – ISBN-10: 0750654007
- Fascia Research, Robert Schleip – ISBN-10: 3437550098
- Muscles and Meridians: The Manipulation of Shape, Phillip Beach – ISBN-10: 0702031097
Agenda Day 1:
- Check In
- Introduction – Connective Tissue as a Communication Pathway, the Language of Touch
- Defining Tactile Skill
- Core Connections through Tactile Communication
- Respiratory Release
- Connecting the Body through the Feet (Reformer)
- Touch for Improved Stability
- Core Connection through the Hip Joint
- Supporting Diagonal Touch for Upright Postures
- Guiding Rotation or the Upward Spiral
- Q & A
If you are interested in booking this workshop for your studio, please contact [email protected].